Sunday, May 29, 2016

Venice, Italy

To leave Marrakesh we took a taxi from our riad to the airport, then a plane to Milan (cheap flight), from the Milan-Bergamo airport we took a bus to the Milan Central station where we boarded a train which took us into the Venice Santa-Lucia train station where we got on a public water transit to a boat dock about a 10 minute walk from our apartment.  It was a long day.   I don't ever plan to taxi, fly, bus, train, boat, and walk all in one day again.

Venice is a wow sort of a place, everywhere you turn it looks like a post card and I couldn't help but be in awe at the architecture, history, and logistics of a city as unique as Venice.  I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves for now and I'll come back later to add descriptions and kid insight.




















We took sanctuary from the concrete and canals almost everyday at a park not far 
from our apartment where the kids could be kids.  A better reprieve than even a gelato.

We forgot our water bottles so Maggie used her jacket
and the public fountain to "git er done."




For Max my musician the church where Vivaldi was Christened and played much of his music.  The backside or another church where Marco Polo is buried for Maggie who did a school report on the great explorer.  



Maggie especially loved St. Marks square which is teeming with pigeons.  She developed several ways of catching them, which delighted the Asian tourists to no end.  


Even I swallowed my "birds are filthy" mentality enough to bond with my 
daughter and take a selfie with two rats of the sky, I mean pigeons, on my arm.  

Arrivederci Venice!

April  30 - May 4, 2016

1 comment:

  1. I love Max's glass blowing picture...those are some serious lungs that kid has:)

    ReplyDelete